Tuesday, May 09, 2006

As y'all know, I am doing dyeorama.
And if you do not know, you are living under a rock...or just looking @ pictures on the blog & not reading!
Anyway, we have been asked to do the following Q & A. Here ya go!

Specific to this swap:

Your favorite colors?
I love many colors. I guess I like girly colors, pink purple, turquoise. But I also like dark colors as well, emerald, cranberry, navy.

Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)?
I work mosly in Worsted. I am just learning about socks.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
Depends on the project. Scarfs & Hats: solid, Childrens stuff: multicolored.

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn?
I want my buddy to have fun & be creative. I will like anything he/she sends me!
Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)?
Sure....why not...but doesn't have to be.

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it?
I am not creative that way, so I will list what I have seen. Sangria, which are bold rich colors. Ocean mist, light blues & pinks. Cotton Candy, Bright pink, light pink & white...

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along?
I love dying yarn. I wanted to learn more.

General yarn/fiber questions: None.

Have you dyed yarn/fiber before?
Yes, a few times. I am still learning.

If so, what’s your favorite dye and method?
I have used Kool Aid & Wiltons. I am thinking of branching out into "professional" dyes.
Do you spin?
No....but did try in in 1988!!! In New England...it was so cool for this Southern California Gal.

Have you knit socks before?
I have knitted one pair....still on needles & I am gonna frog it. It sucked...I need to find a better pattern. Have a reccomendation???

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too?
Have not, but probably would...Like some mittens or something like that.

What are some of your favorite yarns?
I love wool..& other animal fibers. I like Noro, Misti Alpaka...but Knit Picks is more my budget.

What yarn do you totally covet?
Ummm..not sure.

Favorite patterns?
None LIke I said, I need a good sock pattern.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
Not sure.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
I like bamboo needles. Usually Clover, but I have Latern Moon too. & one addi turbos.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Wool...Kewl & Warm...all @ the same time.

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:
?????

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Chocolate...dark.

What’s your favorite animal? None

Do you have pets? What are their Species/names/ages?
One dog. Chester, the wonder beagle. He is 7.

If you were a color what color would you be? Pink I guess.

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s) One that fits well.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
My dd, Alexa who passed away almost 1 year ago. She has taught me alot, even though I only knew her for 42 weeks.

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read.
I have 2. I used to control my destiny, now I realize I am not in control.
Remember the Past. Plan for the Future. But LIVE for Today.


Do you have a wishlist?
I do not have any knitting books, which is really sad. I just keep checking them out from the library.


Anything else you’d like to share:
I am so excited to do this. I am just waiting for my knit picks order to come!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home