Saturday, April 01, 2006

I guess I will start with the bad new. I got fired from the LYS I was working at. The owner said it was because her manager will need more time off, & she needs to hire a knitter that can teach advance classes to replace her. What that has to do with letting me go, I have no idea. Seems to me she is creating a bigger hole. The real reason I think she let me go, because she hires a new employee(me) & 2 weeks later said employee(me) has a horrible back ache & calls in sick. A week later, said employee(me) suffers a misscarriage (back ache was beginning of m/c) & had to take a month off. She will never admit it, but I wish they would have told me, I would have kept the booties I knitted & gave them as a gift. Oh well. Fuck them.

Betterh knitting news, I made a wool soaker for a friend. I used the punk knitters pattern, link: http://community.livejournal.com/punk_knitters/110889.html It is a very VERY easy pattern, and from what I hear, it works really well. I used a double stranded 2 ply worsted wool, handpained. The ribbing & cuff is some Pattons Merino I had lying around. I checked the owners website & she does not mind if you make them to sell, so I am going to do that. I have another in the works now. Here are a few pics:



First is before the cuffs are added






I taught myself DPN's. I had been fearing them...no longer....it was not hard.

Finished soaker!!!
Lastly, I made some stitch markers for a friend. I think they turned out cute!

5 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Korin said...

1. assholes. complete raging wart infested assholes.
2. Cute soaker :D
3. lovely stitch markers!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am sorry you got fired but I would agree that they should go fuck themselves.

Nice stitch markers BTW!

Thanks for visiting me. I'm coming back again.

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry about the job. Definitely their loss, not yours. Now I don't feel so bad that I hadn't made it by to introduce myself. Another time then.

Love both the stitch markers and the soaker.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for volunteering to do a square; could you send me your email address so I can send you my snail mail address? cynicked@sympatico.ca

Thanks so much!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Ugh -- I'm sorry to hear you got fired. People like that suck. I worked for people like that once and quit before they could fire me -- I was 7 months pregnant and would no longer lift heavy objects and that apparently wasn't acceptable.

Cute soaker. I made one of those not too long ago. It's a great pattern. :) I love your stitch markers too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home