Monday, August 22, 2005

So I made my first soaker. & It is gorgeous. I go on to make 2 more while pregnant with my daughter Alexa. The sad thing is, my daughter Alexa Rose was stillborn on June 10, 2005. She did wear her soaker once, and she continues to wear it in her eternal cradle, under a beautiful pink & white, cotton knit & silk dress. The bodice was the knit & the dress was silk. While I did not make this beautiful dress, it was perfect when we found it considering, I learned to knit specifically for her. She is also wearing knitted baby booties in her eternal cradle to match the dress.
Alexa in her only soaker:


As part of my grief healing, I have continued to knit. I finished a larger soaker, after Alexa died & passed it onto a friend. Now I am making purses. I love it!! I am still working in wool. I just love this fiber. I even dyed some to make that 2nd soaker for Alexa. (pictures below) Now I have this amazing yarn habit that is breaking my bank. I need to sell off some scrapbooking stuff to support this new habit. I am so excited. So this blog is born!!!

My next two soakers. The second one was dyed with kool aid. It took me four hours to untangle & then roll into a ball.
Here is the first purse I made: Before & After Felting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home