Monday, August 22, 2005

Knitting. It has been around for a really really long time. I have no idea how long. Probably centuries. For me, it is new. I started knitting in April 05. My Aunt was visiting & I was pregnant. I was planning to cloth diaper for that baby & thought if she could teach me to knit, I could make some really cool wool soakers. (Note: DO NOT learn to knit by making wool soakers. Start with a scarf!) The first problem I had is what kind of yarn should I use. Well they are called Wool Soakers, so I think wool. I go to Micheals & look for wool. No such luck. I was smart enough to know I needed 100% wool, & they did not have any!! I go to my LYS (local yarn store, see I am learning!) & find some 100% wool. Holy Heck, there is all kinds of wool! Bulky, worsted, sportwash. What do I need???? I have no idea, niether does my Aunt, she makes blankets. So I go home, empty handed as I have no idea what to buy. I call my friend D. (She makes soakers & such for profit!! Amazing!) She gave me more info than I can actually process. Cascade 220 sticks out & I remember the store had Cascade. I go back. 1 hank of 100% wool,Twelve dollars; 1 set of addi turbo circulars :sixteen dollars; 1 package of cheesy stitch markers three dollars: My first wool soaker, priceless...
Needless to say, my Aunt did alot of the work on that soaker. She did most of the crotch & I did the body & most of the waist band. It was the most beautiful soaker. Here is the picture of it:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home